Being a Stranger
Dear Family and Friends,
I haven’t posted on the blog for a while and I apologize for that. The months of October and November have flown by, but I would like to do my best to share some thoughts as well as praise and pr*yer requests for the coming month of December into the New Year.
Excerpts from October-November updates…
- Friday, Oct. 20: We returned safely and a little tanner last night from our journey into the heart of Mali- it's been 4 years since I've been back in Mali and I love every minute of it… I’ve seen a need to give up what I think I deserve from others or from life and surrender my person and my whole heart to His Work right now… I ask you remember me to our Father as He continues His work in me and more importantly His work with all souls in West Africa… It's been hard with Bekah gone; Tara, Toby, Bradley, Judy and I are dealing with it in different ways but we just hope to be open and real about it with each other… The physical world as well as the spiritual is at work to plant seeds of doubt, discouragement and disillusionment but our hope is greater than this world and everything in it…
- Wednesday, Oct. 25: I am praying for the words to say and share with ya'll to show you how blessed I feel and how much God is at work right now… The trainers and fellow M's are amazing to me, everything we're learning at training is a bit overwhelming but I am absorbing all that I can and praying for all the rest…
- Thursday, Oct. 26: I wish I could share with you every awesome thing G*d has been teaching me…He is present and at work and it fills me with JOY to be in His Will in West Africa. In my heart, these M’s are quickly becoming trusted mentors and friends, and I give Him all the praise and glory for every good thing I see
in my life right now. Thanks for remembering me and ultimately, remembering
Him and His faithfulness to His people…
- Friday, Nov. 3: Although I've been in Niger a year, being in Mali is a very
different feel, and I am thankful I get to know both countries in their own
special ways… I fell in love with the people and with West Africa in Mali, and by His grace I've had the opportunity to come back as an M in Niger. How wonderful is our G*d!
Praises to Him…
- For protecting Bradley: in Mali, Bradley got a kidney stone. He was in the city at that time and was able to get the medical attention that he would not have received in Niger or just a week earlier in the bush of Mali during our retreat. He is much better now and was able to welcome his parents, who came to Niger to visit him, in good health.
- For a year of a blessed friendship and team with Tara and Bekah: Bekah had to return to the states for her health and the re-adjustment period has been difficult for us all but G*d is healing and teaching all of us through this time. What we accomplished this past year came only as we allowed G*d to use us and make us more amazing of friends and teammates than we could have ever imagined.
- For making me Hmong: Being Hmong is never quite fully understood in West Africa, but His intention is not the Hmong-ness itself, but for me to learn to see being Hmong as a door for His Will and Work with all peoples across cultures. I don’t know how else to say it, but I believe the L*rd has a purpose beyond what I think I am capable of or not capable of, no matter my experience or lack thereof.
Pr*yers to Him…
- Judy: She is pressed on all sides in her personal ministry with the Fone but also as team supervisor and business facilitator in more than one setting. May our Father guide her every step and give her His perfect wisdom in making decisions and His perfect peace in unexpected situations.
- Bekah: She is seeking G*d’s will for her in the states and where she could serve Him. May our Creator shine His light on her and give her clarity of heart and mind when American culture and life seems discouraging. May He give her words of hope and peace no matter what the day brings or does not bring.
- Toby and Bradley: They are spending the month of December in their town Tchinta to seek story crafters and continue crafting among the Tuareg. May our Provider continue to be their source of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual strength. May He take their communication to a higher level as teammates and as Tamasheq speakers and speakers of His Word.
- Tara and Me: We’ve been working on three stories with our Chief with varying degrees of success in the midst of being apart every other week this November. May our King impress upon our hearts times for worship as well as for work this coming December. May His truth be readily in our hearts and on our lips to share with one another or with the Fulani.
There are no words to express my thanks for your love and pr*yers. All glory be His this holiday season.
Seng
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Seng! Just wanted to let you know I checked you out (the blog that is). It was great to hang out with you some in Togo. I'll be praying for you and your people. Live brilliantly!
kerry
I am glad you are Hmong too!!
XOXOXO
Ben
I surely do miss and love my lady.
Post a Comment