Txoj Kev Ntseeg
Dear Family and Friends…
Most of my young formation in understanding faith was communicated through Hmong culture and language. Txog kev ntseeg is ‘faith’ in Hmong, literal translation meaning ‘the way to believe’. I believe culture either has an enormous impact or no impact at all in a person’s faith. It is either transformed or removed to bring that person closer to Him.
What have I done…
August – continue to build relationships in the village, town and within the team; share Old Times Way stories with villagers; assist training in Niamey for new OneStory team, Reaiah and Kaci, working with the Maninke people of Mali
What I will be doing...
September – seek and story with story crafter(s); craft, test and anchor initial Way story set in Fulfulde
October – craft, test and anchor story set; Niger & Mali OneStory teams retreat and multi-trainings in Mali
Thoughts
Since coming to West Africa, Father has focused my life into His perspective. I know I don’t do a good job sharing about life here. It should still be a priority, but I now see that when we come before Him, offering Him our sacrifices, our services, all He wants is to see the fullness of our love in our faces, not in our hands. He’s been telling me all I need for everyday peace in relationships and circumstances is to believe that I am standing right where He wants me, ready to look at Him and love Him with all my heart and mind; that He is through all times the Truth and, without a doubt, Righteous One. That’s what I want to share the most, speaking what He has spoken to and through me- and I am starting to realize that He will do exactly that. I thank Him that I can declare His Word and His Works of love in my life to the Fulani and to all peoples that I have been moved to have a relationship with through these updates. I truly hope they encourage and strengthen you in your daily walk. May He see the love we have for Him! May He delight in His Children, from every culture, language and people group.
I Praise Him…
o House – He provided a way for me to financially help with the building costs; it won’t be finished until near or end of harvest, a few more months, but I am hopeful. At this time, I am in the chief’s house with his family
o Eastern Fulani Teams – one team has had more than 5 people receive the Son this past month through storying; what a blessing to see and hear about the coming of new brothers and sisters to His kingdom
o Teammates Bekah and Tara –We’ve been immersed in His Presence throughout difficult times; from health to personal walks with Him to storying team work, we’ve cried out to Him and He has been faithful to answer or bring us peace
o Dize – I had the opportunity to tell her about Jacob and Laban as well as Joseph, and she immediately responded to the message of our Father’s love and faithfulness in out lives, and that He has a plan for us all
I Ask Him…
o Speaking His Message– To share with Fulani as well as seeker of truth, and be able to ask for a response to the Message in Fulfulde and French
o Our Supervisor, Judy – As well as keeping us on track, she is working on a story set for a people group in Benin and planning the huge training in October; may He show her favor in these areas, give her peace during discouraging times
o Holy Presence – In what we’ve been able to share and show, may He draw Fulani to Himself through His Presence
o Story Crafter – That we will trust Him to lead us in this area but be diligent to tell the Fulani about our storying purpose
o Worship – Because of unexpected situations, we haven’t had many chances for team worship, especially in the village; may we be moved to worship Him planned and unplanned with villagers and with the Holy One as our guide
His Kingdom Reign! -Seng
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Seng, by the time you read this in October, many, many, many prayers will have been made for you and your co-workers........by the folks at Wickland in Bardstown KY. We are so moved by all you are doing for the people of West Africa!
Sincerely, Pat S.
Post a Comment