Beli
Dear Family and Friends…
I study Fulani worldview & culture and practice Fulfulde in a village called Beli. There are about 25 people in my compound, four couples, their children and me. They live in mud huts with thatched roofs, except for the chief who has a tin roof, and I live in a millet shack next to his home.
What I have done...
December & January—
*Language and worldview learning in BK and village stay
*Begin learning to play the guitar
*Learning the art and application of henna (bojidi) African-style
*Christmastime with Tuareg, Fulani and Zerma teams in Niamey the 24th-27th
*Happy New Year 2006 in BK
*Celebrated 25th birthday with Tara and Bekah in Beli
*Storying Early Churches in Acts: Jerusalem and Thessalonica
*Received eye and dental care by volunteer eye doctor and dentist
What I will be doing...
January –Training on storying, church planting movements and preparing for volunteers
February-April –Village stay, craft and back-translate in English, Fulfulde and French 3 Bible stories
May – Storying training in Benin
Thoughts
I can’t wait to be with God some day, but this past Christmastime I was reminded of one very important detail: God is with us now. He came to us through Jesus, suffering more than a man could suffer, revealing God’s love for His people. Every follower of Jesus has the Holy Spirit living in them, revealing God’s perfect truth and will for their life. We don’t have to wait for heaven to be with Him. His complete power, grace, and compassion are with us now. It sounds like I say the same thing in my newsletters. I hope I am: I believe Jesus Christ is our only hope for eternal life with God. God forbid I ever hesitate to say nothing less than the truth about God and His Son Jesus.
In my life, I hope I have been helpful, loving and respectful to all people. But I want to share God’s eternal truth more than I want to do anything else. I love you guys. I am thinking and praying for you always. I can’t wait to be with you in this life and I hope one day in heaven too.
Praise
o Thank God for His mercy in my life. I’ve struggled with spending time with the Lord but He continues to show His faithfulness through fellowship and encouragement from my teammates, leaders and other believers
o In our home in BK, our guard K and his family have been wonderful to get to know and become like family. We hope to grow closer and share God’s truth & love everyday with them
o I love Fulfulde and I love the Fulani, and I thank God for all language learning abilities and experiences that I’ve had
o We have a new missionary family working with the Fulani! They will be here for three years, with two children
Prayers
o I am working with OneStoryPartners.org, a partnership of the International Mission Board, Wycliffe Bible Translators, Youth With A Mission, Campus Crusade and Trans World Radio~ God has brought us together to share His Story and Truth with the world, one Unreached People Group at a time. Please pray for boldness and perseverance everyday
o Prayer walking for the Fulani of Eastern Niger~ Pray for divine appointments with Fulani in my area
o Fulfulde story crafters and the crafting process~ Pray for Fulani who will hear and know God’s voice in these stories and want to share them with others and pray for accuracy and efficiency in crafting culturally related stories from the Bible
o Volunteers~ Pray God moves His people to pray, prayer walk, serve and minister in Niger in 2006
o Sharing my testimony in Fulfulde or French~ As my language abilities improve, so does my desire to share my testimony. Pray for the ability and opportunity to be fully supplied and led by the Holy Spirit
o Time alone in the village~ Pray for language, relationships, cultural observations and all God has to teach me
o I may serve in Niger for up to 3 years~ Pray for God’s peace in my heart and mind, and for increasing commitment to His call for me in West Africa
Thank you, God bless and much love! -Seng
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment