Minnesota
To Family and Friends…
I want to share with you all that God is teaching me as I serve the Sokoto Fulani people of Niger. I leave today! I'm scared, but I'm more excited.
I am a Journeyman missionary through the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. I will be serving for two years in Niger, West Africa, creating and distributing an oral bible in the heart language of my people group.
What I am learning...
August—Computer & recording training with CCC in Florida
Aug-Oct—Evangelism & Church Planting training with YWAM & IMB in Virginia
October—Bible translating training with SIL in Cameroon
November—Language learning in Niamey, Niger
December and on! —Engage Sokoto Fulani people group in BK, my new home
Our God is doing great things at home and in the world. Continue to pray that all peoples on earth will have the chance to hear about God and put their faith in Him. Please pray for me in the following months and I will keep you updated.
Thoughts
I am falling in love…
with my football.
What I am talking about is my work equipment, a laptop and i-river, the tools to our trade! I’ve become enamored, learning, playing and practicing recording activities on it. I just finished making a CD of cultural worship songs from IMB orientation.
A new love has truly begun. I will be using it for language study, recording spoken bible stories in the Sokoto Fulani’s heart language and using it to spread the Gospel to the outer limits! I love it.
To speak plainly and sincerely, I don’t know where I am going and how I will accomplish anything. I am just a girl, a fool some days, a blessing on others. But I do know my God is a good God, a faithful, loving and powerful God. I leave as a missionary but I am and always will be His beloved child. He seeks to bring me joy in my sorrows and bring me comfort in my mundane to most serious needs. I go to live and speak what I know to be true: God is life and truth~ without Him, we all move and live with a hunger that nothing in this world will ever satisfy.
In times when I am alone with God, my soul speaks to Him words that my mouth could never form and He hears me. In times of noise and stress, my heart attempts to explain it all but He quiets me and tells me He already knows everything. I realize daily that I am simply a tool for His workings, His will and His way. My greatest desire is what I have right now: knowledge of the living God and obedience to His perfect will in my life~ to go to Africa.
Prayers
Please pray for…
o My sharing of all God is teaching me~ to be consistent and specific in newsletters
o My relationships at home with my immediate family and with my boyfriend Ben~ to focus and be faithful in what God has planned for us together and apart
o The Sokoto Fulani team, Rebekah, Tara and me~ for unity as a team because of differing personalities, accountability in our spiritual walks and transitions in culture and food
o The Tuareg team, Toby and Bradley, working in the same country but different location~ for teambuilding because they have had less time together and transitions in culture and food
o Both teams as we are currently in Cameroon, West Africa~ for endurance in the training with Wyclif/SIL and for dependence on God during our transitions
o The Sokoto Fulani and Tuareg peoples~ for God to reveal Himself before we even speak a word, for hearts to be softened to understand His message, for leaders of families and communities to want truth for their people and loved ones
Thank you for your love and support. God bless.
Friday, October 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment