June 18, 2007
Forgetfulness
Hello Friends,
I apologize for being a slacker, or actually, for forgetting my login and password for alittle over two months and not posting since April. I've thought and pr@yed for my supporters, I just never want to take ya'll for granted. Here are some thoughts from then to now...
APRIL: ...Minnesota was awesome! A few phrases to summarize it all: all-night karaoke,arm-wrestling matches, progressive date, sticky rice patties, indirecteverything, falling snow and flunked test...
...This past week we've been meeting and greeting the Fulani. If anyone comesback from a voyage, it's absolutely necessary to say hi to everyone andtheir cow and receive the return blessing that is equivalent to the American'welcome home' phrase. It's good, helps us to slow down and smell the??? well, you know what I mean. I rather enjoy this practice; it keeps ourpurpose all about the people all the while our research and computer workslowly accumulates in our hot and dusty home. That's always the tricky part,balancing the African and the American lifestyles. Spent a night in thevillage and it was and always is beautiful. I miss those days, a whole weekin the village. The villagers miss us too. Pr*y for the families and groupswe have shared our lives and pr*yers with that His glorious purpose isrevealed through and beyond us to get them to the point of repentance andunderstanding of the truth of JC and our salvation through Him alone...
MAY: ...Munyal is 'patience' in the language of the Fulani and G8d has reallyimpressed upon me how much I don't know about the meaning of this word. Evenas I write I shake my head at myself because of the mercy of our Father andhow He has such patience for me. For the people here, they know patiencevery well. They probably know it in the sense of long-suffering so much morethan I ever will. I am patient for the things that I WANT. They are patientfor the things that they NEED. Right now it is hot season, but the Fulanihave other words for it: the season of suffering or scarcity from food, fromwater and from undisturbed rest. This is not to make you feel bad. This isjust the way it is...
...Tara and I have over half our first story set approved by ourconsultant and are working on approving the rest before we leave to Beninnext week to be with our One$tory brothers and sisters. Be thinking aboutour Proph3cy, L@st Supper and P3ntecost stories, these are more challengingand really difficult to convey to Fulani without the presence of the $pirit...
...Chief has been growing so much in his walk and f@ith. We've beenhearing his t3stimony on how G8d has been working in him through jail,paying village taxes, his children's health and power struggles of Fulani chiefs. Even in his personal decision to stay quiet about his f@ith, manyHausa and Fulani believers and seekers in the area are already talking tohim about his f@ith. Recently, by the gr@ce of G8d, he has been protectedfrom social p3rsecution and throughout that he's been asking us for guidanceon how to pr@y and give pr@ise to G8d. He has listened to crafted stories aswell as recordings of sermons and prayers from the b3lievers conference withgrowing understanding and a desire to know more. When challenged by closefamily for following the 'white' way, he has said, "It's not their way, it'sG8d's way, and G8d has written J3sus on my heart and shown His power in mylife, so whose to say different what I should do or b3lieve? I will followJ3sus even when Tara and Seng are not here..."
SO...
A week ago, Tara, Toby, Bradley and I drove to Cotonou, Benin for retreat and training, all went extremely well, we're in the process of making a little movie clip about the trip, the L8rd and ofcourse the pink drink. If you're interested in seeing it, let me know. We got back yesterday, and I have to say that after a little more than 25 hours together in the car, we are still discovering so much about ourselves and eachother that we didn't even realize. It's hard to think our time is nearing its end, makes me wonder and wonder about the L8rd and His purposes and plans. I'm getting sentimental, but these guys are worth it. I give Him thanks and pr@ise for being so good to us. In less than a month, our Team supervisor Judy and Word consultant Sarah will make their way to the desert to check out our work and relationships and help us as much as they can. Please be pr@ying while they're here, and especially for our national partners who help us with our story telling and testing. So, peace and love to you all, I'll try to post more regularly. Later:)
SengMyVang
3 comments:
Carla and I give thanks for you and what is happening there every day. It is so wonderful to hear how the chief is growing. I am interested in seeing your movie, but I know how long it might take to upload something like that. Keep up the great work!
Seng, you make my heart happy. I love you.
I Don'T knOw Where Else To PuT thiS buT ToDay IS YoUR BIRthDay, so, Just WanTed To Say HAppY HAppy BIRthDay!!!
nOthiNG but Love 4 u,
wiLmInA (^_^)
Post a Comment